We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Wait, aren't these both the same OS? I'm confused...  (Read 1352 times)

Fansome

Wait, aren't these both the same OS? I'm confused...
« on: October 01, 2014, 1451 UTC »
Alex Coles RT @CBSNews: Earlier, we inadvertently said Microsoft had introduced IOS 10. It was actually Windows 10. We regret the error

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, aren't these both the same OS? I'm confused...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 1945 UTC »
Alex Coles RT @CBSNews: Earlier, we inadvertently said Microsoft had introduced IOS 10. It was actually Windows 10. We regret the error

Al, you know the main duty of a network news announcer is to look pretty, have big hair, and be able to read phonetically spelled words on a teleprompter/ cue cards. A giant head can make up for some deficiencies (see Sean Hannity) as can shouting at the top of your lungs, (see Chris Berman/ Bill O' Reilly) but the ability to read phonetically is a must. Knowledge of the subject at hand is but a trifling matter.

If you've ever walked by a highly accredited School of Broadcast Journalism at a major university, you'll hear the students singing "I am hooked on phonics, 'cause phonics is hooked on me." at dawn and dusk.