We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: favorite SWBC station that still exists?  (Read 6163 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: favorite SWBC station that still exists?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 0129 UTC »
I'm saying this without a hint of snark.  Drop them a line and tell them exactly that; they may well listen, if they're as dedicated to their listeners as they so far seem. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 1910 UTC »
Yep.

They've been on the air under a month. They would probably appreciate the heads up about their website. I would think most of their attention so far has been on tweaking the transmitting side of the operation.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 0033 UTC »
I pretty most like any station... except any that play Brother Stier or whatever his name is... Grrrrr... I avoid that guy at all costs, if he is the only thing I hear then I watch MST3000... over and over again  :P

Radio Rebelde is pretty good for tunes tho...

I use to listen to HCJB a lot but that was years ago... <sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!