We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Reproduction of Amelia Earharts transmissions, Dec 14 and Dec 15, 2016.  (Read 4916 times)

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Re: Reproduction of Amelia Earharts transmissions, Dec 14 and Dec 15, 2016.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 0335 UTC »
Took a listen to the 6 mhz frequency, unfortunately I had some RFI on top of it. Thdddt.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 0437 UTC »
Likely a certain Earhart obsessed ham trying to establish contact with his Aunt Amelia, Boombox. We humor him, he's harmless. That spark gap transmitter he made out of a diesel generator is something to behold.

It had to be expected after his old girlfriend Zsa Zsa died a few days back. We hired a guy with a bulldozer to rock the trailer, but we can't get him to roll out the door. He's probably still swollen from Thanksgiving.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 2144 UTC »
I tuned to the third harmonic of the 6MHz qrg at the appointed times and got nothing. I want my money back.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 2200 UTC »
Some people reported hearing the transmissions. So either they imagined it (like the person in Kentucky way back when) or someone was spoofing them.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 2202 UTC »
I tuned to the third harmonic of the 6MHz qrg at the appointed times and got nothing. I want my money back.

If you can get that feller out of the trailer you can wrestle him for it.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 1644 UTC »
Personal hygiene phobia will keep me from doing any wrasslin with trailer park denizens. Otherwise, it'd be interesting to see the proplab or voacap stimulations for the time frame of the incident. Surely we have the solar digits for 1938 or whenever this thing took place?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.