We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: I gotta remember to take better notes when logging...  (Read 1108 times)

Offline FTU Alumnus

• Charlotte, NC
  • DX - Better than frozen pizza!
    • View Profile
    • Email
I gotta remember to take better notes when logging...
« on: March 06, 2011, 1409 UTC »
Last night dropped in ~2200z to multiple Hendrix, Stones, Kinks cuts on unid station at what I thought was 6925 AM but might have been tuned too low. Twilight Zone theme at one point. S7 here. Then later Radio Azteca 6928 AM (show #27?) with bawdy, humor songs and other skits. Up to S8 and signed off 0028z and Radio Jamba(?) picked it up without missing a beat. (do they plan it that way?)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 1608 UTC by Null Detector »
Yaesu FT-1000D, Icom R71A & R7000
RTL-SDR Blog V3, Universal M-7000
Alpha Delta DX-SWL "Sloper", G5RV & Mosley TA-53M

"Western man is externalizing himself in the form of gadgets" (William S. Burroughs)

Offline RIVER RAT

• South central, Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: I gotta remember to take better notes when logging...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 1605 UTC »
The first station that you heard at 2200z was more than likely Captain Morgan he uses the twilight zone theme in a lot of his broadcast's.  And Radio Jamba was broadcasting from the SWL fest in Pennsylvania over the weekend. The pirates follow the postings on the boards pretty close to know who is on when. And most of them have receivers/transceivers so they know when the frequency is clear. So when one pirate goes off another will fire up. ;) 
inverted v at 30ft, kenwood R-2000