We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 1710 unids......  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
1710 unids......
« on: December 11, 2011, 0400 UTC »
I've been hearing two stations battle it out on 1710 for the past three nights in the 6-7 UTC time frame. The stronger of the two plays 60's pop music,with a very nice signal at times. Of course,said signal goes to Hell when they id. The station seems to be automated.

I'm guessing the Baltimore/DC area for this one,as that's the heading the loop is pointing towards during best reception.

The second station is in Spanish and to my south. My guess is a south Florida pirate. Their signal is just above audible at best,but the music is definitely Latin American in style. Occasionally there will be what sounds like preaching during the music breaks. Again no id on this one either.

Have fun with 'em.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: 1710 unids......
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 2343 UTC »
Radio Celestial is my regular on 1710, or was last time I checked. I'll have to listen again. The story is they bought the old Lubavitcher transmitter.

I've got some Latin mx on 1710 atm (2342z). I'll keep listening for an ID.

No sign of a pop music stn.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: 1710 unids......
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 1101 UTC »
I heard the pop music station give the "Radio Celestial" id early Monday morning. The SS one has been there,but way down in the noise.