We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Waking up to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on WRMI 5800  (Read 786 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Waking up to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on WRMI 5800
« on: May 27, 2019, 0937 UTC »
A quick tune around 49 meters this Memorial Day morning and I hear the sound of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly emanating from WRMI-5800 at 0924 UTC. I remember hearing this song well back as a teenager in the 60's during the wee hours of the morning on local WHYN-AM 560 when we would camp out in our fort during the summer months. That handy Radio Shack transistor radio purchased with my paper route money allowed me to hear such things. The long version of the song was cool, as was the long version of "Light My Fire" by the Doors. Sadly the powers that be at WRMI saw fit to cut off the Iron Butterfly tune half way into the drum solo. Just saying.....
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
Re: Waking up to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on WRMI 5800
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 1236 UTC »
Still on at 1235 . The Band / the weight

On the weak side S1 -S3
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Waking up to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on WRMI 5800
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 1908 UTC »
I don't think that's happened to me since HS. The local AOR station went off at 2 a.m. and came back on at 6 a.m. blasting. I don't know how many times I went to sleep with my headphones on and got bounced wide awake in the morning by some old rocker?

Sunday mornings were the worst. Fire and brimstone preachers until regular programming began at 10 a.m. That was a one time lesson you didn't repeat twice.