We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Particle-wave duality  (Read 957 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Particle-wave duality
« on: September 12, 2019, 1516 UTC »
In this video, someone finally decided to attempt to verify if cats exhibit particle-wave duality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJTLSncEV4&feature=youtu.be
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Particle-wave duality
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 0056 UTC »
I have two cats running around the house. Both are from the same litter. One was the runt, weighing 3 lbs. and change at the 3 months check-up. The other was the alpha male knocking his siblings senseless to be the first to Mom's milk outlets. He was a svelte 10 pounds at the same check-up. When he was neutered a couple of months to counter early spraying and humping of the female, he was at a solid 15 pounds.

Three years later the female is at roughly 7 lbs., the male is the Shaq of Cats, long and 30 pounds. Dogs crap themselves when he goes walking by. I think this real world example thoroughly discredits the "Cat - Particle Wave Duality" hypothesis.

Someone should investigate this with  penguins, say an older Caltech scientist with too much time hands. Have you ever noticed how all penguins look and behave remarkably alike despite the great distances between them?

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 0352 UTC »
I remember seeing this clip back in college, in my Pataphysical Science class. Late nights all alone with a test tube, oh, oh oh oh.

In this video, someone finally decided to attempt to verify if cats exhibit particle-wave duality:

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 1026 UTC »
She blinded me, with Siamese [Cats]

I remember seeing this clip back in college, in my Pataphysical Science class. Late nights all alone with a test tube, oh, oh oh oh.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns