We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New pirate on the air Thanksgiving night  (Read 1590 times)

Offline texas1dxer

• Austin, Texas
  • Texas Radio Shortwave
    • View Profile
    • Email
New pirate on the air Thanksgiving night
« on: November 22, 2019, 2047 UTC »
I heard from a friend of a friend that a third friend is starting a new pirate station from Houston -- may be the one mentioned in the other post today -- will broadcast for the first time on Thanksgiving night.

There's no information about frequency or time (or whether the broadcast actually will take place!).

Format will reportedly be eclectic rock/pop rock with music by obscure artists on obscure record labels.  (We'll see how that works out!) . Interspersed will be songs by some Texas country artists and some rock and classic rock tunes.

Tentatively, the station will be called Texas Radio Shortwave.  It already has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/texasradiosw/ and an email address of  texasradiosw@gmail.com.  When I emailed I got back a message to look for details about the broadcast.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 2146 UTC by texas1dxer »
Pse eQSL to texas1dxer@gmail.com.  Thank you!

Unless otherwise noted, the receiver is my KiwiSDR colocated with W3HFU, Westminster, MD, USA.

'Home" receiver for European low-power radio stations is the SDXF KiwiSDR at Skane, Sweden, unless otherwise noted.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: New pirate on the air Thanksgiving night
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 2052 UTC »
That link is broken but this one works.
https://www.facebook.com/texasradiosw/
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline texas1dxer

• Austin, Texas
  • Texas Radio Shortwave
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New pirate on the air Thanksgiving night
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 2123 UTC »
Corrected FB URL.  Thanks MDK2.

Unless otherwise noted, the receiver is my KiwiSDR colocated with W3HFU, Westminster, MD, USA.

'Home" receiver for European low-power radio stations is the SDXF KiwiSDR at Skane, Sweden, unless otherwise noted.

Offline texas1dxer

• Austin, Texas
  • Texas Radio Shortwave
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Texas Shortwave on the air Thanksgiving night
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 0319 UTC »
Time: 2300 UTC

Freq: 6925 kHz or nearby

Email:  texasradiosw@gmail.com

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/texasradiosw/

Correct reports will be verified with a special eQSL.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 0322 UTC by texas1dxer »