We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Korea - VOH and VOP anomalies  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Korea - VOH and VOP anomalies
« on: October 18, 2021, 1233 UTC »
KOREA SOUTH. :

Echo of Hope - VOH, on Sat., Oct 16, noted the normal weekend only reading of a Harry Potter story, on 3985 // 5995 // 6350, at 0723 UT.

Observed on Monday, Oct 18

VOH, on new frequencies of 3990 // 6000 // 6355; checking for the usual 0723-0752, EBS TV audio feed for the English language lesson
("Wang cho bo yeong-eo" - Beginner's English), which is always aired on weekdays, but today surprised to find instead only non-stop EZL
pop songs (Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You," Carpenters - "Close To You," Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On,"  Bee Gees -
"How Deep Is Your Love," etc.). This is the first time I have heard this format. Perhaps the TV audio feed was not available today, so they
played filler music? Later at 0846, I heard the usual EBS news headlines in English.

Echo of Hope - VOH: this week's frequencies: 3990 // 4890 (no change!) // 6000 (this week no longer QRMing Mali) // 6250 // 6355 // 9100, at 0903 UT.

Voice of the People: only three frequencies heard at 0910 UT, not the usual six: 3910 // 4450 // 6520; no trace of 3480 (recently has been off the air!),
3930, nor 6600.

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
Etón E1; external antenna of 100 ft. long wire

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Re: Korea - VOH and VOP anomalies
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 0610 UTC »
Echo of Hope - VOH (희망의메아리): On 9100 kHz., from 0440 to 0453 UT, on Oct 19. The EBS's (Educational Broadcasting System) produced
English "Morning Headlines" program, which is also a language lesson; with a new and different format today; in the past was always Sue Choi in
English, followed by a lot of explanations in Korean regarding the news items; today still with Sue, but with a young man chatting in English about
the news items and explaining things in English (not in Korean); today's news headlines were originally broadcast via EBS FM on Oct 5; a transcript
of today's program is at http://bit.ly/3pjISsi