We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NOT He Man Radio misidentified please delete  (Read 976 times)

Offline olddxer

• View Profile
    • Email
NOT He Man Radio misidentified please delete
« on: November 23, 2012, 1802 UTC »
45444, S-8, Came on right after a SSTV TX (not sure if it was his or another). Opened with “Just Dropped In  (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)” After that some well mixed crazy stuff a collage of different sound bites to include Star Trek, Car talk on NPR and others very well done. The Car Talk bit was at 0157. At 0205 the signal took a hard fade and never recovered. The carrier started to weaken and was completely gone by 0219. I am assuming that is was an old program relayed by somebody. As He Man has not been heard from in a long while and I think he preferred USB. A very interesting broadcast. My thanks to the op that TXed it.

This station was misidentified
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 2220 UTC by olddxer »
Anan 8000DLE, Drake R8B, NRD-515, Perseus SDR, a bunch of Hammarlunds, Inverted V multiband dipole

Merohde@columbus.rr.com

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: He Man Radio 11-23-12, @01053-0205 UTC, 6.925a
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 1829 UTC »
Yes, I believe He Man always said that USB was the "manliest of all modes". Wish I had caught this one.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns