We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FCC enforcement against unlicensed broadcasting  (Read 1790 times)

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 1925 UTC by sat_dxer »
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.

Luv to stare at those blinking satellite lights

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: FCC enforcement against unlicensed broadcasting
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 2254 UTC »
Gee, FCC activity in my area in the summer of '03. I wonder who was behind that?

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 2348 UTC »
In reference to the first chart.

As always during a presidents second term is when you truly start seeing the effects of the draconian laws put into effect during their first term. The madness in sued into the first term of the next President , but he manages to halt the monster a bit to make him look good and just as his second term starts it starts to rise again . Most Human Rights violation charts I would imagine look somewhat the same  any where in the world where free elections are held and leaders wish to take rights away in a manner that the plebs don't notice to much until it is too late . :o
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 0225 UTC by Northern Relay Service »

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 1732 UTC »
The bulk of these appear to be against FM stations. The other category, "AM/SW" shows pretty small numbers. I wonder how many of these are in the AM band and how many are on shortwave? Have any shortwave pirates been found and fined lately?
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns