We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Colombian pirate 6017.20 0344* UTC 6 Apr 2022  (Read 497 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Colombian pirate 6017.20 0344* UTC 6 Apr 2022
« on: April 06, 2022, 1244 UTC »
COLOMBIA [pirate]. Thanks to Bill Harms (New York) for the tip in WOR iog. Heard on 6017.20 kHz., on
Apr 6, from 0333 till cut off in mid-song at 0344* UT; signal slowly improving the whole time; non-stop LA ballads;
never heard any announcers; poor reception. Fortunately no signal today was heard from Zanzibar on 6015. My
audio is at http://bit.ly/3NQv56t .

Compare that audio to this one also recorded today from the presumed Colombian on 4940 kHz. -
http://bit.ly/3uW1wYs .

Am very grateful to Rafael for his informative comments about the pirate station on 6017.2 kHz. Ron

"Greetings from Colombia, yes the signal on 6017,20 kHz it`s a Colombian pirate station identified as
"Organización Radial El Prado." They have been operating irregularly for a year, always with long
musical sessions without announcers, they don't even report TC. It has an irregular schedule opening
round 2230 or 2330 UTC and closing 0200 or 0300 UTC even later. It is not every day, sometimes
during the week days and other times only Fridays and Saturdays. I heard an identification a couple
of months ago, then there hasn't been much talk, it's called "Organización Radial"  because it
mentioned operating two signal more, on 88.1 MHz as Prado Stereo and 98.1 MHz as Musical
Stereo, I guess also without an operating license. It seems to be transmitting from the municipality
of Palermo in the department of Magdalena, although very close to the cities of Soledad and
Barranquilla in the department of Atlantico, where I think they direct their broadcasts. They have
been very careful not to mention any means of contact. the signal has moved from 6016.3 to
6017.2 KHz for which it has come out late.

Rafael Rodriguez R.
Bogotá D.C. - COLOMBIA"