We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: El Buen Pescador (tent): 8989U, 2/19, 2220+  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
El Buen Pescador (tent): 8989U, 2/19, 2220+
« on: February 20, 2013, 1528 UTC »
I've read logs of El Buen Pescador (The Good Fisherman) here. He's apparently a regular on this freq in this general timeframe. He's reportedly a fisherman from Nicaragua, who broadcasts to other other fishermen.

I don't know the stations on this frequency well enough to know who operates here. Fair signal with man talking in Spanish and also a number of songs. Sounds more like a Latin American version of a pirate than a licensed broadcast station. The songs were mostly ballads & lasted from about 2221-2232 UTC. Without an ID or more knowledge of this group, I don't know if it was El Buen Pescador or another guy from the group doing some broadcasting. Occasional loud adjacent-channel QRM--not sure if this was from aircraft (didn't check them out) ?

Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V