We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DCR furring up the airwaves 6925 USB  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
DCR furring up the airwaves 6925 USB
« on: May 02, 2009, 0612 UTC »
5/2/09, all on 6925 USB, Dead Cat Radio, overall SINPO=34312 for all three sets, good peaks occasionally but slow, waving fades to inaudible at regular intervals.

0345z: Set of very furry songs by Tommy James and Herman's Hermits.
0355z: DCR ID
0409z: Go-Go's, extremely furry live version of "Johnny Are You Queer"
0414z: Signature DCR closing ID with meow, squealing tires and car crash
0415z: SSTV. No copy for me tonight, MMSSTV hacked up a hairball, gotta reinstall.
0419z: DCR ID w/ e-mail address and "I've got balls of steel" audio clip.

Thanks, DCR, this was an exceptionally furry show. Now I need to wipe the hairballs off my radio.
(Gopher Stomp, TX - R30C on da fugloop)

0426-0458z: Bilbo Baggins song, Tim Curry from Rocky Horror soundtrack, Meatloaf, Stephen Bishop, Go-Go's
0458z: DCR ID in CW

No positive ID but I'm betting this was DCR - identical music set heard with confirmed DCR ID last week.

6925 USB
0525-0545z: Matthew Sweet "Sick of Myself", George Harrison "Awaiting On You All", Sukiyaki, The Singing Nun (Jeanine Deckers) "Dominique" (I love that song.  I must be insane.)
0545z: SSTV, no copy here, my copy of MMSSTV is on the fritz. Get it? I said "on the fritz". Like Fritz the Cat? DCR? Oh, I crack myself up sometimes.

Too much cough syrup... must cut back...
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns