We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DON'T SEND CASH ETC TO SHORTWAVERADIO.DE FOR QSL CARD - SCAM ALERT.  (Read 793 times)

Offline owen81

• Bristol, SW UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 1357 UTC by owen81 »
Tecsun pl660/330, Yaesu ft991a, ICOM IC718, SDRPLAY RSP1A, OCFD, mla30+, CCW V4 loop, Malahit DSP2.

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
Re: DON'T SEND CASH ETC TO SHORTWAVERADIO.DE FOR QSL CARD - SCAM ALERT.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 1159 UTC »
Wow I received a Qsl via the mail even though I requested a E-Qls of verification just for a email reception report. It took some time but I did get it. Don't know whats going on with them now  :-\
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline RainBrandy

• DX Legend
  • North West of Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 1150 UTC »
In late 2020 I read the following on their website:
We now offer printed QSL cards for reception reports arriving (via post only) via the address of the World Wide DX Club:
Shortwave Radio, P.O.Box 1214,  D-61282 Bad Homburg, Germany.
QSL policy: At least 30min of programme details incl. comments to the programme. Minimum 3 Euro return postage cash or via PayPal.

I immediately wrote a "snail mail" report to the address above and included 3€ into my envelope.
Finally - after quite a while - I received an answer with my QSL.
It was worth the effort and money to have received another confirmation.

BTW: In earlier times, it was also quite common to include return postage in the form of US dollars or IRCs with the reception reports,
regardless of whether they were sent to legal or illegal radio stations.
QTH: NW Germany
RX: modified Sony ICF 2001D, Perseus SDR; KiwiSDR
ANT: dipole for 45mB
eQSLs highly appreciated! RainBrandy@gmx.net

Offline ShortwaveRadio.de

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 1319 UTC »
Statement

Hi Owen, and thanks for the thread on this board. Something went terribly wrong. I don't want to go into detail here.

The support group decided to send you another card, which is on its way and to refund your 3 Euro payment. Please send an email or PM me with your Paypal details.

We have quite a lot of regular and irregular listeners which do support us without requesting a QSL. We are here for your listening pleasure and provide shows 7 days a week, including live ones, DX shows and Letterbox programmes. As most of the others do, we are not running any playlists or auto-DJ. This format seems to be highly appreciated and at this point we say thank you to those of you who supported us for the last 5 years.

73's Andy from Winsen - on behalf of our support group

(there will be no further comments from us on this thread)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 1010 UTC »
"There will be no further comments..." Talk about covering your ass. Just give the guy his money and his card.

Offline owen81

• Bristol, SW UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 1007 UTC »
I've received my QSL card in the post now, thank you. I'm glad this is now sorted and hope the station continues its output, as I enjoy listening to various programmes in the channel.

73s

Owen 
Tecsun pl660/330, Yaesu ft991a, ICOM IC718, SDRPLAY RSP1A, OCFD, mla30+, CCW V4 loop, Malahit DSP2.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns