We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Not HF but still interesting…commercialized passive radar for space  (Read 939 times)

Offline IQ_imbalance

• Central MD
    • View Profile
LOG/NE-SW unterminated BOG/DJ-130/800Mhz Yagi
AFEDRI SDR-Net ICF-SC1 SDS-200 various RTL-SDR
Central MD

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
It explains what my Uncle was up to on Kwajalein and in the back of beyond in Australia during the Cold War. Working for RCA, my ass.

I used to goad him when I was out visiting them in Maryland and we'd go by Fort Meade on the way to a huge liquor store on our daily beer run. I'd say, "Fort Meade? Isn't that where the NSA is based?" He'd go, "Never heard of them!" It became sort of a running joke between us. He was my first Fansome.

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
I wonder if this technology can detect the incoming confiscatory cosmic cretins who have recently threatened to come for our shortwave receivers? I've been up on my roof with a flashlight for two days now, with zero response.
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Are you using one of your old foil lined fez's as a reflector? They're a long way out there.

Offline osiris

• North-Central PA, USA
  • NOT THAT BUTTON, THE OTHER ONE!
    • View Profile
Are you using one of your old foil lined fez's as a reflector? They're a long way out there.

::) ::) ::)
Goodies:
* XIEGU X6100 - MLA-30 Loop
* Eton Elite 750 - MLA-30 Loop
* AirSpy HF - qQRX - MLA-30 Loop

Loc: North-Central, PA - FN11

I gladly accept QSLs. Please eMail to: teslaintheaether@gmx.com

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
We're working to perfect the elusive foil fez, but it's still in early beta test trials.

All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.