We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID AM 920  (Read 672 times)

Offline Matt_B

• Southwestern CT, USA
    • View Profile
    • Radio Free Connecticut
UNID AM 920
« on: December 29, 2022, 1558 UTC »
I don't have the specific time information handy, but from about 3 to 4 AM Eastern time this morning, I heard quite the battle on 920 khz. 

It seems that a Canadian station was fighting with a Spanish-language outlet and...I think a news-talk station...for that frequency.  The Canadian candidate MAY have been CKNX, or perhaps CFRY (I've heard the former before in this location, even at just 1,000 watts). 

As for the news-talk and Spanish-language stations, I'm not quite sure what they were (never caught a call sign...but the Spanish one seemed to be playing music in Spanish).  Perhaps WHJJ in Providence for the former?
Matt Boland
Southwestern CT
Owner/Operator, "Radio Free Connecticut"
PS4: JupBol16

Offline staticlistener

• south central PA
    • View Profile
Re: UNID AM 920
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 0019 UTC »
Down here in PA that's usually what 920 sounds like every night, CKNX is the dominant signal but fights against a Spanish station that I've yet to ID.
Shelby Brant
Harrisonville, PA
Icom 718, EAC R-390A
60 ft. endfed wire