We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Rivet vs. RadioCom 6  (Read 2736 times)

vhavrilko

Rivet vs. RadioCom 6
« on: April 04, 2013, 0115 UTC »
ALCON,

Since I am new to decoding, I need some advice on what program to run to decode digital signals to text.  I bought RadioCom 6 but had to purchase a serial to usb converter which should be hear in a few days.  I also joined Enigma 2000 and heard about Rivet but I cannot seem to get it to run.  I have the latest version of Java and ran .jar fix but it still would not run. I called Dell and their tech said Rivet can only run in Linux but the group said this in not correct.  Any help would be much appreciated.

V/r
Vince

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: Rivet vs. RadioCom 6
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 0409 UTC »
Have you tried addressing your problem to Ian on the enigma yahoo group? It's his program..... I think. When I was a member( I apparently was booted for lack of posts just the other day), I saw people occasionally post queries about rivet to him & he seemed helpful. I couldn't get it to run either but I just gave up. I think Multipsk & Sigmira both work well. Fldigi is also good. The VOA radiogram/mighty KBC digital test transmissions work very well with fldigi.

Good luck

Glimmer
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline K5KNT

• Ogden, UT USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 1406 UTC »
... When I was a member( I apparently was booted for lack of posts just the other day)...

I guess I'm not the only one who was booted for lack of inactivity. ;)  It's a good group with lots of information. They just don't tolerate lurkers or semi-active members. 
K5KNT

vhavrilko

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 0549 UTC »
Thanks for the information.  I will also look into WinRadio's software options, too.