We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Korea: Voice of Freedom - broadcasting their new 2023 program guide  (Read 712 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
KOREA SOUTH. 5920, Voice of Freedom. Thanks very much to Amano (Japan) for his fantastic monitoring of VOF
and finding their new format with a complete list of VOF programs. Taking my directions from him, on Jan 7, I heard
QRM from N. Korea jamming and after the "Hamkke tteonaneun eum-ag-yeohaeng" (Let's go music together) program,
there was the new format with VOF broadcasting their 2023 program guide.

0855-0900 UT: my seven minute audio is at bit.ly/3CtwZpm :

VOF program guide opening.
 "Haengboghan Daehanmingug" (Happy Republic of Korea).
 “Salang-i neomchineun ulijib“ (My home full of love).
 “Kkumkkuneun cheongchungeug“ (Dreaming youth drama).
 "Hamkke tteonaneun eum-ag-yeohaeng" (Let's go music together).
 "Ma-eum-e swimpyo" (Resting heart)
 "Maeil geudaewa" (Everyday with you).
 “Ulisoli hanmadang“ (Our sound festival).
 "Sigan-yeohaeng, yeogsa tamheomdae" (Time travel, history exploration party).
 "Dodbogilo boneun sesang" (The world through a magnifying glasses).
 "Hanminjog tong-illo milaelo"  (Korean people, to unity, to the future).
 "Hanla-eseo Baegdukkaji" (From Halla to Baekdu).
 "Bodo gwangjang" (News plaza). >>>[Fairly distinctive on my audio at 3:23]<<<
 "Nalssi Jeonmangdae" (Weather Observatory).
 "Aneun geos-i him-ida" (Knowing is power).
 “Ingwon baloalgi“ (Getting to know human rights).
 2023 VOF Program Guide ending.

0900 UT: the usual single tone >>>[on my audio at 4:53]<<<; then  "Jayu-e solibangsong-eseo ohu 6 (yeoseos)
sileul allyeodeulibnida" (In English - Voice of Freedom has announced 6pm); nice singing station jingle - "jinsil-e soli,
huimang-e soli, jayu-e soli bangsong!" (Voice of Truth, Voice of Hope, Voice of Freedom broadcast); then the "Bodo
gwangjang" (News Plaza) segment.

Please see Amano's complete info at https://radio.chobi.net/DX/bbs/?res:5266#5266 . Thanks again for his excellent details!

Ron
Now listening beachside in Pacific Grove, Calif., due to a portion of the oceanside road thru Asilomar State Beach, where
I normally listened, is now closed due to the flooding/damage done by the recent storms.
Etón E1, external antenna: 100 ft. long wire