We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: *** IMPORTANT *** Please consider changing your HFU password  (Read 726 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
We've had two incidences of spam posts here by what could be compromised accounts. I'm not aware of any breaches of the HFU member info, often these spammers take use of the fact that many people use the same username/password on multiple sites, so when they get a set of compromised account info, they try it on lots of other sites.

I'd strongly suggest users change their passwords here, just to be safe.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 1211 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: *** IMPORTANT *** Please consider changing your HFU password
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 1325 UTC »
I spotted the one last night and reported it. I couldn't figure out why a 7 year old thread popped up at the top of the board until I read the entire thread.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: *** IMPORTANT *** Please consider changing your HFU password
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 1216 UTC »
I spotted the one last night and reported it. I couldn't figure out why a 7 year old thread popped up at the top of the board until I read the entire thread.

Yes, thanks for reporting this, or any similar posts. So far we've mostly avoided this kind of nonsense on the HFU, but our luck could be running out. 

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree