We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 30.450 MHz FM 150.0 Hz Fort Hood (Texas) Range Control 30.45 FM - 10 Feb 2023  (Read 745 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Heard in Richmond, VA around 11:00 local time (1600 UTC).

Here is some of the transmissions caught on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWmtrt0P96Q

Note that the receiver in question (RadioShack Pro-651, also known as the Pro-106, GRE PSR-500 and Whistler WS1040) decodes the PL tone (CTCSS tone, tone squelch) as 151.4 Hz.  They are using 150.0 Hz, but 150.0Hz is not a civilian tone so its not included in any of these types of radios...and 151.4Hz is the closest to 150 Hz. 

This is the best I've heard Fort Hood Range Control in a while. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
Thanks for this post as I now am receiving something from them almost every day. Many years ago I used to hear them here in SoCal so
it's great to catch them again.
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half