We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: All Electronics going out of business  (Read 2070 times)

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
All Electronics going out of business
« on: June 19, 2023, 1238 UTC »
All Electronics, a vendor of electronic parts, is closing in August.  They were a source of some hard to find electronic parts (like old school high voltage mica transmitting capacitors).

www.allelectronics.com

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Damn... I've dealt with them for over 33 years. And, up until this year, they've sent out printed catalogs. Yes, you still have Mouser and Digikey, but I've really never liked dealing with them that much.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: All Electronics going out of business
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 1806 UTC »
Sad news. I've bought from them back to the 1990s, maybe even the 1980s? As recently as a year or two ago.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 0115 UTC »
I might swing by the store before they close but they aren't open on weekends, which will make it hard to get there for the next ~2 months. (Inconveniently located near the junction of I-405 and US-101.)

Looks like I'll do an online order.
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 1113 UTC »
I chatted on the phone with one of the employees.  She said that it has been very busy with a lot of in store and on line sales since the closing was announced.

The reason for the closing was simply that the owners wanted to retire.  We’ve seen that before with Universal Radio, EZNEC, and others.  I can think of several other dealers/vendors that are probably approaching the same situation. 

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 2239 UTC »
I chatted on the phone with one of the employees.  She said that it has been very busy with a lot of in store and on line sales since the closing was announced.

I made a large order to stock up on stuff that I think I will need in the coming year or so and some "nice to have" items. It took them two weeks to put it together and ship and it arrived two days ago. I'm glad they shipped it before the UPS workers go out on strike.

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 1348 UTC »
All Electronics is now closed, but some of their employees have started their own business, selling many of the items All Electronics carried.  Their URL:

https://aretronics.com/

Use coupon code “allcorp” for a 10% discount.

More products are supposed to be added in the days ahead.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: All Electronics going out of business?
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 1651 UTC »
Well, finally some good news! Gotta' check that out. Thanks, for passing that along.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 0130 UTC »
All Electronics is now closed, but some of their employees have started their own business, selling many of the items All Electronics carried.  Their URL:

https://aretronics.com/

Use coupon code “allcorp” for a 10% discount.

More products are supposed to be added in the days ahead.

Great. Thanks for sharing.