We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SDR Console ver.3.3 19 Jul 2023  (Read 1310 times)

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
SDR Console ver.3.3 19 Jul 2023
« on: July 19, 2023, 1914 UTC »
    Last version of SDR Console v3.3 Beta build 2993 June 7'th 2023 is published:
    https://www.sdr-radio.com/download
After installation, the work is trouble-free. Works stably on RX 888 under Win 10/64.
Important to me - Many fixes have been made to previous versions.
The program now starts sensationally in 10 seconds instead of the previous 1 minute of loading.
Important for me is the active operation of the Noise Blanker Wideband DSP, placed on the Home ribbon. Threshould deep cut introduces audio distortion - do it gently.
I still miss the point Noise Filters like in the HDSDR program.
Noise reduction and Noise Blanker placed in the DSP panel does not work with AM modes.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 1928 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: SDR Console ver.3.3 19 Jul 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 2053 UTC »
Hi Kris,

Important for me is the active operation of the Noise Blanker Wideband DSP, placed on the Home ribbon. Threshould deep cut introduces audio distortion - do it gently.

SDRuno has the same effect when the Noise Blanker level is set too deep. I find that the DSP also destroy some of the digital modes as it thinks it is noise. It is a compromise but the feature does work very well for me. You just need to know when to turn it on or off.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 1039 UTC »
     Here are examples of how it works:

Terrible broadband interference without turning on Noise Blanker

Moderate level of attenuation does not cause audio distortion

Deep attenuation removes the interference completely, but deforms the audio
I'm looking for settings in the hope of improving readability.
The QRM Phase Eliminator (external) works less radically, but the interaction of both methods usually allows you to get a clear signal even in hopeless conditions!
The disturbances shown above start around 7 am and last until the night. I think they are emitted by a photovoltaic installation that a neighbor launched this spring.
 And it was quiet here with noise level S2! :-\ :-X :'(
   Today Jul.22  - The receiver (in 4MHz bandwidth) worked today without a break for many hours in the HF, VHF and UHF bands and there was no suspension of Consola!
Compared to the previous version, the CPU load is noticeably lower and 8GB of memory is apparently sufficient.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 1949 UTC by kris »
       + QRM X-phase eliminator

Offline mbott

• EN80nd
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 2320 UTC »
To update this, Beta Version 3.3 Build 3048 became available on 1 August.  This version includes an AI-based noise reduction (NR5) that's worth the price of admission.  OK, it's free.

--
Mike

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 1457 UTC »
     Thanks Mike for the news about the new NR5 filter. It works effectively but only in SSB modulation. Unfortunately, the AM and SAM modulations that are important to me are still devoid of noise reduction.
 I'm disappointed with this and I'm waiting for an effective solution!
I deal with difficult interference by turning on the ECSS-U/L decoder, but the audio distortion is unpleasant.
       + QRM X-phase eliminator

Offline mbott

• EN80nd
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 0306 UTC »
     Thanks Mike for the news about the new NR5 filter. It works effectively but only in SSB modulation. Unfortunately, the AM and SAM modulations that are important to me are still devoid of noise reduction.
 I'm disappointed with this and I'm waiting for an effective solution!
I deal with difficult interference by turning on the ECSS-U/L decoder, but the audio distortion is unpleasant.

kris,

Are you subscribed to Simon's reflector at SDR-Radio.groups.io?  To subscribe, main+subscribe@SDR-Radio.groups.io

--
Mike