We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Exterior Espaņa, 17855 AM, 12 AUG 2024, 1500 UTC  (Read 249 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Radio Exterior Espaņa, 17855 AM, 12 AUG 2024, 1500 UTC
« on: August 12, 2023, 1511 UTC »
They're covering a La Liga game so I think the transmitters may have gotten a boost in power. SIO 233 on my MLA-30 antenna. Typically this is weaker at this time of day, though conditions have been better recently. Suprisingly they're airing Real Sociedad vs Girona. Most of the time these are matches featuring either Barcelona or Real Madrid, that league's marquee teams.

1505 GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLL! For Real Sociedad.

Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio Exterior Espaņa, 17855 AM, 12 AUG 2024, 1500 UTC
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 1528 UTC »
Better here on 15520 than 17855 but surprisingly not heard on their other two frequenicies now - 11670 & 17715.

Now on to football - Real Sociedad is a pretty decent squad, they will be in the Champions League play beginning next month.  I have a six degrees of separation story with Girona.  My sister in law was involved in a function with the NYCFC players.  I'm a supporter of this Man City "farm" team.  Star striker Taty Castellanos signed some gear for her, she passed it on to me.  Shortly thereafter, Taty went to Girona  (another Man City affiliate) where he finished fourth in La Liga in scoring last season.  Two weeks ago he signed with Lazio and will be in Champions League action.

My son and I were texting during the City/Burnley match yesterday.  Haaland has a brace at halftime and Pep laces in to him as they walk off the pitch at halftime.  My son responds, "Boy, he's really gonna hear it if he scores a hat trick" 🤣
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 1953 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 1552 UTC »
Better here on 15520 than 17855 but surprisingly not heard on their other two frequenicies now - 11670 & 17715.

Now on to football - Real Sociedad is a pretty decent squad, they will be in the Champions League play beginning next month.  I have a six degrees of separation story with Girona.  My sister in law was involved in a function with the NYCFC players.  I'm a supporter of this Man City "farm" team.  Star striker Taty Castellanos signed some gear for her, she passed it on to me.  Shortly thereafter, Taty went to Girona  (another Man City affiliate) where he finished fourth in La Liga in scoring.  Two weeks ago he signed with Lazio and will be in Champions League action.

My son and I were texting during the City/Burnley match yesterday.  Haaland has a brace at halftime and Pep laces in to him as they walk off the pitch at halftime.  My son responds, "Boy, he's really gonna hear it if he scores a hat trick" 🤣

True that about Real Sociedad. I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't have been as surprised if it were Sevilla, the kings of Europa League.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with my Spurs now that it's official with Kane off to Munich. A few years of mid table finishes unless they can get some terrific young talent with that transfer fee. He's definitely not returning to Tottenham when he does return to the EPL which I do expect will happen. Hopefully he helps Bayern München to make some Champions League noise since the Bundesliga championship is generally just a formality these days, just like PSG in Ligue 1.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 1610 UTC »

True that about Real Sociedad. I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't have been as surprised if it were Sevilla, the kings of Europa League.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with my Spurs now that it's official with Kane off to Munich. A few years of mid table finishes unless they can get some terrific young talent with that transfer fee. He's definitely not returning to Tottenham when he does return to the EPL which I do expect will happen. Hopefully he helps Bayern München to make some Champions League noise since the Bundesliga championship is generally just a formality these days, just like PSG in Ligue 1.

1) True about Sevilla. City see Sevilla in the Super Cup on Wednesday.
2) Bayern has been a place where EPL transfers have regressed lately: Sane, Mane, Cancelo, Podolski.  Maybe Kane goes back to London with Chelsea.
3) If Spurs couldn't lift a trophy with Alli and Kane alongside Son, it might be a long season. 
Season's Greetings ⚽  ;D

Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 1743 UTC »
1) True about Sevilla. City see Sevilla in the Super Cup on Wednesday.
2) Bayern has been a place where EPL transfers have regressed lately: Sane, Mane, Cancelo, Podolski.  Maybe Kane goes back to London with Chelsea.
3) If Spurs couldn't lift a trophy with Alli and Kane alongside Son, it might be a long season. 
Season's Greetings ⚽  ;D

Indeed. Tis the season!

As of 1737 it's another match but don't know who, hearing GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLL at this minute but the signal is definitely worse than it was a couple of hours ago, SIO 222. Checking online, Las Palmas and Mallorca are squaring up at this time but there's no recorded goal as of that match's 10th minute, and given that it seems to have started at 1730 then it can't be the same as the one that's airing now. I'm guessing it's a rebroadcast of some other match.
Denver, CO.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns