We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Marconi Radio International test - August 14 & 15  (Read 442 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Marconi Radio International test - August 14 & 15
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 1453 UTC »
Please be advised that Marconi Radio International (MRI) will be on the air this week with test transmissions on 14 and 15 August 2023, as follows: 17.00-18.30 UTC. The frequency is 6180 kHz (USB mode).

It doesn't say where they are but I assume it's Europe? Probably Italy? Good luck indeed at that time and frequency. It may not cover much of Europe. As of 1830 UTC much of it is greyline and the western countries are still in daylight. It's online SDR hunting for us on this side of the Atlantic, if we wish to try.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline IQ_imbalance

• Central MD
    • View Profile
Re: Marconi Radio International test - August 14 & 15
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 1709 UTC »
Gave it a shot but way too much QRM from a local AM station for some reason today.....
LOG/NE-SW unterminated BOG/DJ-130/800Mhz Yagi
AFEDRI SDR-Net ICF-SC1 SDS-200 various RTL-SDR
Central MD