We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Shortwave Australia 4835khz  (Read 208 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shortwave Australia 4835khz
« on: August 16, 2023, 1525 UTC »
Logged "Shortwave Australia" on  4835khz around 0840UTC or so Aug 16th here in McGrath, Alaska. (Dont have exact time, as my notes arent near me) But the station was playing older non rock n roll music and there was a mention by the male announcer of "weather".. was being chewed up by WWCR on 4840.

I use a TEF6686 radio, EMTech ZM2 tuner, Wellbrook 15 foot loop and DXEngineering preamp.  I'm 370 km nw of anchorage, in the west central Alaskan interior.

4835 uses Antennas a dipole about 60 feet off the ground, running approx. 100 watts, plate-modulated AM transmitters. ERP is maybe a few hundred watts, if that.. according to comments on the Amateer Radio Australia facebook page

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shortwave Australia 4835khz
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 1635 UTC »
Broadcasting since July 2022 from a rural property about 10 km north of Bendigo, Victoria.Operated by Dave VK3ASE. He provides a tour of his 100 watt station along with some propagation reports from a few kwiSDR's ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0uag9qdhs
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com