We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: December 2013 will be the last issue of Monitoring Times.  (Read 7663 times)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: December 2013 will be the last issue of Monitoring Times.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 2158 UTC »
I've subscribed for a few years now, and used to back in the late 80's-early 90's. Unfortunately, the old magazine are gone (unless buried in a forgotten box somewhere). That's one good thing about the printed magazines, referring to them later. Still have old copies of WRTH & Passport to Worldband Radio. They may not be current information at the time of publishing, which is a bit of a problem, but sure are nice & historical.

Will miss MT.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Tim537

• Wainscott, New York, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: December 2013 will be the last issue of Monitoring Times.
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 2214 UTC »
A sign of the times. One of the biggest costs in publishing (next to salaries which in MT's case were minimal due to mainly volunteer columnists and the Van Horn family) is hard printing. In a digital age these costs are rising more and more. Seems that people simply didn't flock to subscribe to MT Express in their droves as hoped for. The hard copy was still the most popular among the readership. Hence the collapse.  I understand that Pop Comm's digital magazine, delivered via Zinio, is proving a great success. That's how I read it on my tablet, saving money and printing out only when needed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 2220 UTC by Tim537 »

Tim

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns