We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: pirate station inside a airstream trailer  (Read 1562 times)

Offline hsmith77

• Marconi Class DXer
    • MSN Messenger - h.smith77@charter.net
    • View Profile
    • Email
pirate station inside a airstream trailer
« on: August 07, 2013, 2013 UTC »
My  brother knowing my interest pirate radio asked me if i saw the Storage Wars program about the pirate radio station .  He did'nt remember which show it was but 2 of the guys pooled their money and bought a 15.000 dollar air stream trailer . The trailer was worth much more but the best thing when they opened it up there was a complete high dollar pirate station inside . Did anyone see this show ?Would love to learn more about this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 2129 UTC by hsmith61 »
Harry L. Smith
Springfield,Oh.
JRC 535D Perseus SDR   MFJ 959C Tuner /Pre Amp. JRC 545 
RF  Systems MK2 antenna
Grundig G3 / G4000a / 400
QSL to h.smith77@charter .net

Fansome

Re: pirate station inside a airstream trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 2254 UTC »
I can think of at least two pirates who operated out of big rigs. Anteater Radio in the 90s, and Big Thunder Radio a few years after that. Anteater got married, and the story was his wife made him give it up, although he still shows up at the Fest now and then, and posted occasionally on the old FRN. Big Thunder just sort of faded away as some pirates will do.

My  brother knowing my interest pirate radio asked me if i saw the Storage Wars program about the pirate radio station .  He did'nt remember which show it was but 2 of the guys pooled their money and bought a 15.000 dollar air stream trailer . The trailer was worth much more but the best thing when they opened it up there was a complete high dollar pirate station inside . Did anyone see this show ?Would love to learn more about this.

Offline hsmith77

• Marconi Class DXer
    • MSN Messenger - h.smith77@charter.net
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: pirate station inside a airstream trailer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 0036 UTC »
 Yes i met Anteater at the fest i few years ago . In fact he had his big rig there and he invited me to ride along with him as he did a short broadcast . Very cool guy i wondered what happed to him.
 I found out it was Storage hunters and the price was $12,500.
Harry L. Smith
Springfield,Oh.
JRC 535D Perseus SDR   MFJ 959C Tuner /Pre Amp. JRC 545 
RF  Systems MK2 antenna
Grundig G3 / G4000a / 400
QSL to h.smith77@charter .net