We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: YSD Beacon 36.600 MHz FM 36.6 MHz CYSD Anyone Heard It Recently?  (Read 341 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Canadian military airport CYSD radio beacon, transmits "Y S D" in Morse code followed by a tone burst.  Similar format to a NDB or VOR type station.  No tone (does not have the usual 150 Hz tone squelch that military FM systems usually have - that usually decodes as 151.4 Hz instead of 150.0 Hz). 

It's FM, but comes in great in AM mode as well since its just modulated CW.  I believe its a 1000Hz tone, but I could be wrong.

I haven't heard it in many many months.  36.600 MHz is the frequency.  Strong FM deviation.  36.6MHz CYSD beacon YSD beacon 36600.0 kHz FM
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m