We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 15-Watt SHORTWAVE BROADCAST TRANSMITTER  (Read 1263 times)

Offline stationqrp

• View Profile
    • Station QRP
    • Email
15-Watt SHORTWAVE BROADCAST TRANSMITTER
« on: December 02, 2023, 1419 UTC »
For all the tube-haters  ;) among us, I've found an interesting link for a 15 watt 5-7MHz shortwave transmitter (41 - 49 Metres) for only 290 dollars.

Check it out at: https://www.sjvbroadcastservices.com/

Jack
www.stationqrp.com
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 1422 UTC by stationqrp »

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
Re: 15-Watt SHORTWAVE BROADCAST TRANSMITTER
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 2117 UTC »
Been making the same for years but I'm not allowed to advertise on here.

Funny that!

Str.

Btw mine are cheaper!

And Better!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 0948 UTC by Stretchyman »
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 0602 UTC »

But then you proceeded to advertise in your post anyway.

Funny that!

Do you know what is REALLY funny? That you continue to think that you are somehow entitled to advertise here anyway.
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 1800 UTC »

But then you proceeded to advertise in your post anyway.

Funny that!

Do you know what is REALLY funny? That you continue to think that you are somehow entitled to advertise here anyway.

BTW, the pirate act only covers MW and FM not SW. The pirate act has been the “reasoning” that Stretchy can’t advertise here, which doesn’t make any sense. Also, nobody is forcing you to buy his transmitters. Many people have bought them with good results.

It’s also good to point out that his are cheaper, rather than leave people to overpay from the SJV website.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 1820 UTC »
Thanks for the +ve reply

Yes there seems only one -ve commenter on here so you'd have to be stupid to believe anything he's says.

He's just jealous!

Probably my best year for sales and some great feedback from customers particularly ones who run my units 24/7.

Seasons greetings to all (except you know who!)

Here's to 2024.

:)

'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2023, 2239 UTC »
FWIW, the top of all pages reads...

"We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale."

Chris just doesn't want to deal with the legal liability of allowing commercial traffic of questionable goods on his site.  He pays the bills, that's his right to do so.

You also have proven over the years to be rather obtuse and abrasive when confronted with concerns about your commercial activities, and that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

+-RH
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 2244 UTC by redhat »
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 0141 UTC »
BTW, the pirate act only covers MW and FM not SW. The pirate act has been the “reasoning” that Stretchy can’t advertise here, which doesn’t make any sense.

As far as I know, Chris hasn't discussed the reason(s) so I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Also, nobody is forcing you to buy his transmitters.

If you need to make accusations to make you feel better about a purchasing decision you may have made, that's not my problem, dude.

No one said anything about forcing anybody to do anything. I prefer to have an educated public understanding what they are getting into. Treating with kid gloves a supplier with a known spotty record of quality, an at times questionable record of technical decision making and a somewhat abrasive style is not helping anybody. He only came clean and fixed the problems (or at least claimed to) with his 40 W TX after I wrote a whole document about it, even though it was obvious that he knew about the problems before I ever did. He just couldn't be bothered.

If he feels entitled to advertise then I feel entitled to make people aware of what they may be getting into. I have no commercial interest in putting him down. I am not selling anything. I just don't like being lied to nor do I like seeing others being lied to and innocent people getting taken for granted.

To that end, I'll just leave this here: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,67747.msg230885.html#msg230885
TLDR: See above.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 0355 UTC by Charlie_Dont_Surf »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 0155 UTC »
Chris just doesn't want to deal with the legal liability of allowing commercial traffic of questionable goods on his site.  He pays the bills, that's his right to do so.

Yes and for those of you not clear on what this is, do a search for the Ramsey Electronics debacle with the FCC of the 1990s. Ramsey supplied FM transmitters. Being associated or being seen in any way as promoting illegal activity - in this case, allowing him to advertise - could be seen as reason for scrutiny from the feds. I have seen such scrutiny from the feds a few times (in completely different domains than radio) and it is not pretty.

You also have proven over the years to be rather obtuse and abrasive when confronted with concerns about your commercial activities, and that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

You got it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 0309 UTC by Charlie_Dont_Surf »