We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: HM01 Loggings?  (Read 937 times)

Offline Grinch

• View Profile
HM01 Loggings?
« on: January 17, 2024, 1955 UTC »
Haven't tried to listen for HM01 for quite some time. I don't see any recent logging's on here and nothing on the Priyom schedule either. Did I miss something?

Offline desmoface

• NE Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM01 Loggings?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 2215 UTC »
I used to hear all the time, booming into NE Ohio QTH.  Haven’t heard them in quite some time, but I honestly haven’t been looking.
Kenwood TS-870SAT
Full Wave 80 Meter Horizontal Loop ~ 260 Ft Long
Pse qsl to Kb8viv @ yahoo . com
NE Ohio

Offline tennessee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 0401 UTC »
I heard it Saturday evening strong on 10345 kHz. Turned the rotary dipole broadside to the Caribbean and it got even stronger. Digital noises and a string of 5 numbers in Spanish.

I don't usually look for these stations anymore, but I happened upon it while tuning above and below 30 meters.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 0009 UTC »
I heard it today at 1600 hour on 11435 and 1700 hour on 11530. From what I saw at priyom's discord channel, it has only very recently returned. "Tennessee's" post seems to confirm that. I meant to check the 2100 and 2200 hours today but forgot.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 1808 UTC »
Today I checked out HM01 on 11530/1700 UTC, and they're actually operating normally - by which I mean that the last digit of the five digit number groups is advancing by one, compared to the previous day, and one number group/file has been replaced by a brand new number group/file. This is in contrast to the years-long pattern of repeating identical number groups and files for months and months. Now, it remains to be seen if this holds. In recent years they have had brief runs of "normal" operation before getting stuck like a broken record, and of course we know that their facilities seem to continue to degrade which is why the once ubiquitous Radio Havana Cuba isn't so common on the airwaves now. They might end up just not being there one day, and that will be the end of Cuba on HF.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 2301 UTC »
2259 UTC - Hearing HM01 on 14.375, solid S7 into WNY, with a harmonic on 14.305 that suprised me.
2301 UTC - Just finished transmission.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com