We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Russia weird ID on 9665 3:09 UTC 9/4/13  (Read 1307 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Voice of Russia weird ID on 9665 3:09 UTC 9/4/13
« on: September 04, 2013, 0404 UTC »
I was listening to VOR on my ats909x (I have to either listen in USB or tune up to 9667 to avoid the het fro Voz Missionarias) & heard what seemed to be a MW ID at 3:09z  "...this is Radio VR  1430" the station seemed to be slightly different from what I normally hear on VOR. The male announcer sounded American to me. He was interviewing a guy from Israel about the possibility of taking back Obamas Nobel prize. He had to cut the guy off abruptly at 3:20 as they went into what sounded like more standard VOR programming for 2 minutes of news headlines & then back to the American sounding guy with more news. markets & weather from "world capitals" that included Los Angeles (the capitol of ???) & then into standard VOR programming including "burning point".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 1504 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room