We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Trenton Military VOLMET on different frequency - 15031 USB, not 15034.  (Read 388 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
06 FEB 2024, 1710 UTC

Was scanning 19m broadcast band when I saw this pop up, and was zoomed out enough with my waterfall that I couldn't immediately tell that it was Trenton Military VOLMET rather than an EAM on 15016 (one had transmitted there just minutes earlier). When I clicked on it I was surprised to see it off its usual frequency. Trenton Military ID at 1715, but could tell based on the voice and the usual "no reports received - break" from every base that they cover. I couldn't find any info that they had changed frequency anywhere, and though I don't generally log things I know I was copying on 15034 earlier this week.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: Trenton Military VOLMET on different frequency - 15031 USB, not 15034
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 1927 UTC »
19:25 UTC - Confirmed, good readable with some NRRs and some actual reports.

15031.0 kHz is a MACS discrete frequency.

The saga continues with this service ...

RSPduo | Wellbrook loop antenna
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 1947 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
I heard a carrier when I tuned in at 2105 UTC, and the Trenton VOLMET info started back up at 2109 UTC on 15031 USB. Very odd; also, of course, most of the report is "no report received."
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop