We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio France International (Digital) 6015 DRM 0230 UTC 12 Feb 2024  (Read 292 times)

Offline elburndx

• View Profile
    • Email
Finally I could decode the sound.  Needs good SNR and still occasionally drops out...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 0251 UTC by elburndx »
50mi west of Chicago, IL.  SDRPlay, Kenwood R-1000, Icom IC-R71A, AOR AR8200, Racal RA17 (being restored) with 100' inverted V.  eQSL please to elburndx@gmail.com

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: Radio France International (Digital) 6015 DRM 0230 UTC 12 Feb 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 0102 UTC »
I have long said that DRM is junk! Even on the Kiwi receivers it has a hard time to decode.

Here are the DREAM optimum settings which I have found work best in my case:

Channel Estimation: both settings set to Linear
Audio Section: nothing selected

I usually monitor the Spectrum -> Shifted PSD to make sure that there is a nice square waveform in the bandbass.

I have been decoding DRM since early 2020 and have had limited success as well. Some stations you will not be able to decode the audio using DREAM v2.1 because of the CODEC being used. If I recall, DREAM v2.2 will decode HE AAC v2 but only works on Windows 10.

Here are some regular/familiar DRM stations on the dial:

Voice of Nigeria, Abuja
WINB
KWT Radio Kuwait Digital
TDF Radio France
RRI Galbeni

Tip
Go to the EiBi shortwave schedules page  http://www.eibispace.de/  and download eibi.txt. You can do a search (Ctrl-F) for the keyword digital. Alternatively, get the CSV database and then filter it in Excel.

Happy listening.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 0105 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns