We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sound of Hope (Taiwan) 6214.9 AM 1000 UTC 24 Feb 2024  (Read 290 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Sound of Hope (Taiwan) 6214.9 AM 1000 UTC 24 Feb 2024
« on: February 24, 2024, 1937 UTC »

Greetings from California! Here on the West Coast, I'm very fortunate to be able to hear Sound of Hope (Taiwan) with
fairly good reception. Today (Feb 24) recorded the normal ID at the ToH ("Xiwang zhi sheng guoji guangbo diantai"
[Sound of Hope international broadcast station]), given twice (once by OM and once by YL) and often followed
as it was today by the news. A reminder that SOH never has time pips at the top-of-the-hour! 6214.9 kHz. is
SOH's lowest frequency. My recording today is fairly typical reception.

My two minute audio - https://app.box.com/s/4dbbkxaguc7333n7lfynh3unpj4a5p0q .

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
Etón E1, external antenna: 100 ft. long wire

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Sound of Hope (Taiwan) 6214.9 AM 1000 UTC 24 Feb 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 1404 UTC »
Copied this today (27 FEB) using the KPH kiwi SDR, as all I can get at my home QTH is a trace carrier (which by my estimate is at about 6214.955 kHz). No time pips, and managed to discern the OM/YL "Xiwang zhi sheng guoji guangbo diantai" ID, making my first confirmed copy of SOH via any means. I will need much more powerful equipment (particularly antennae) to ever have a hope of receiving this directly in Colorado, perhaps needing also to go to a low RFI location such as a state or national park or monument to do so. Thanks for all your advice on how to receive this station, Ron.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail