We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UTE Databases and Looking Up Info on Freqs  (Read 310 times)

Offline osiris

• North-Central PA, USA
  • NOT THAT BUTTON, THE OTHER ONE!
    • View Profile
UTE Databases and Looking Up Info on Freqs
« on: February 29, 2024, 1426 UTC »
I've been migrating away from listening to pirates and aviation traffic and started looking for the UTE oddities out there in the aether. I heard some curious signals last night and googled every way I could think of to find info on what I was hearing with no luck. So, what is the best way to search for and identify these transmissions?

I did go to the UDXF page but found it all a bit confusing. The info I was looking was probably there but I had no idea how to find it.

Thanks in advance.
Antenna: MLA-30+ Active Loop

Loc: North-Central, PA - FN11

I gladly accept QSLs. Please eMail to: teslaintheaether@gmx.com

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: UTE Databases and Looking Up Info on Freqs
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 1537 UTC »
You will find a lot of information in the Info -> File section of the UDXF site: https://www.udxf.nl/ute-info.html

Thomas (tiNG) maintains a very large (over 1,000+ pages) list for the UDXF which is available to members of the UDXF on groups.io. I found the recent copy (2023/2024) of his work at the URL below.
https://pd8rsp.nl/UDXF-FrequencyList.pdf

Offline osiris

• North-Central PA, USA
  • NOT THAT BUTTON, THE OTHER ONE!
    • View Profile
Re: UTE Databases and Looking Up Info on Freqs
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 1740 UTC »
Thanks. I spent a little more time there looking around. I think I have it figured out now.
Antenna: MLA-30+ Active Loop

Loc: North-Central, PA - FN11

I gladly accept QSLs. Please eMail to: teslaintheaether@gmx.com