We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Zeppelin Radio 6940 AM 0245 UTC 17 MAR 2024  (Read 201 times)

Offline n2avh

• State College PA
    • View Profile
Zeppelin Radio 6940 AM 0245 UTC 17 MAR 2024
« on: March 17, 2024, 0259 UTC »
Orchestral and nightclub-type 40s music (Golden Earrings by Peggy Lee), I thought the announcement was in peninsular Spanish but too muddled (could be Greek), seems Europe since strongest (though still not that strong) on Spain SDR, then UK, barely trace on easternmost US SDR in MA.  Tried a bunch and Arvika, Sweden was the best, not that great though. Rachmaninoff 0310, No Love But Your Love (Johnny Mathis). 0322: No talking for the last half hour and it's late so I'm giving up :)

edit by Ray : time in the subject was 2245, rectified to 0245 UTC, and ID to Zeppelin Radio
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 0815 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
Big into SWDX late 70s through early 90s, then forgot about it and when I returned via SDRs it wasn't at all what I remembered, but I'll deal with it. Grumble, grumble. All SDRs acknowledged, nothing is from my own radio.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UnID 6940 AM 2245 UTC 17 MAR 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 0652 UTC »
   Hello n2avh - you've probably heard Zeppelin Radio from Greece.
I was still receiving them after midnight around 0115 UTC at 6939.87 S9+15 but I didn't open the thread when I went to sleep.
This type of music is typical for this station, it also adds blocks of Greek songs.
The Opearor rarely gives the ID in English and Greek in a rather low, calm voice.
The ending FRQ xxxx,87 is always characteristic.
Via ocean pickup reports do happen, so congratulations on keeping an eye out!
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns