We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 860 KKOW - Pittsburgh, Kansas - 11/19  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
860 KKOW - Pittsburgh, Kansas - 11/19
« on: November 20, 2013, 0017 UTC »
Caught this one unexpectedly.  I'm still delighted at my good fortune hearing an ID like I did.  I like CJBC quite a lot, but it's a flamethrower and how!  XD  Here's the log I snagged last evening. 

860, KKOW, Pittsburgh, Kansas, 0013-0018.  Local commercials and sports talk, including a recorded clip of a touchdown in a football game.  Clear AM 860, KKOW ID at roughly 0016.  Signal fair at best, beneath or alongside CJBC in Toronto.  SINPO 32333. 

Now to get a definite ID on that classical station out of Ohio (?) I can occasionally hear beneath Toronto. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.