We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Pirate radio  (Read 5218 times)

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• RULES AND BONES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN
    • View Profile
Pirate radio
« on: March 24, 2008, 0119 UTC »
I have a receiver out in my garage and I spend alot of time on Saturday nights scanninnig for priate radio.
 There is a new one I have been hearing. Devil Radio , A very evil voice give an id of 2ny666 and then plays Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell and then is gone. I have heard this about 3 times has anyone else?

PP
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you. ... :o

Fansome

Re: Pirate radio
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 0231 UTC »
What frequency?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 0415 UTC »
Sounds like a ham who used to hang out up on 20 meters. He comes and goes.

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 2222 UTC »
I'm not sure I did not pay attention .I think it was somewhere between 6925-6950. I did not log it . When I hear it I will post it.

pp
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you. ... :o

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 1212 UTC »
I did some nosing around. That could've been WDVL. It pops up every couple of years.

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 2132 UTC »
Sunday night March 30th at 2350 on 6925 I heard devil radio again.Same as before an evil voice  ID of 2ny666 with an evil laugh.

Right after that I heard someone sing International radio over and over again. Went on until it faded out.

ParanoidPatriot

Fansome

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 0236 UTC »
Sycko Radio has a jingle "International Shortwave" that he plays over and over at times. I think that's what you heard after the devil radio id. Whether they were both Sycko is hard to say, but I would guess yes.

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 0101 UTC »
I don't believe they were the same station. 2 different sounds and 2 different signal strenghts.
 ParanoidPatriot.

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 0209 UTC »
It may have been two different stations...but anything is possible with the Syckoman. Mr. Sycko has an unknown number of alter pirate radio personalities.  He is one wild and creative guy. He may show up anywhere at anytime and in any format or formats  ;D
L Cee
East Coast - USA

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 0001 UTC »
After Mapleleaf Radio signed off  at 2345 Saturday, 2350 heard Devil radio started with cw Id ,evill laugh and then AC/DC Hells Bells.
Id is 2ny666
ParanoidPatriot

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 0126 UTC »
At 1:19 A voice yelling have you seen my radio And yelling have you seen my medication . ON 6925 asking if anyone wants to hear pirate radio. No ID repeating how many time do I have to tell you. Also asking who wants to hear pirate radio. DJ uncle Bob

ParanoidPatriot.

Offline ParanoidPatriot

• View Profile
Re: Pirate radio ,Devil radio
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 2201 UTC »
At 2100 utc heard devil radio sign on with cw id on 6925 usb very weak with qrm + qsb . then evil voice with intro for AC/DC  Hells Bells.  ParanoidPatriot  ParanoidPatriot  ParanoidPatriot  ParanoidPatriot