We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: HM01 craziness 11530khz  (Read 1916 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
HM01 craziness 11530khz
« on: December 30, 2013, 1726 UTC »
Here's a good one from our friends in Cuba:

HM01 11530khz 1718utc 12-30-2013

This is fun!  The voice call up is given while the data is still on...  Out of Sync to say the least...  But it does give some insight to how their system is set up...  Sounds kind of wild really...

73 Vince
Ka1iic
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: HM01 craziness 11530khz
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 2223 UTC »
This was actually two messages being sent on top of each other, and out of sync with each other.  The first message started and 6 code gorups later the second started.  This sounded OK at first, just an odd echo, but once the data started one layer or the other was always in data.  If you listened real close you could hear the preamble for each data group start, mixed in with the already running group.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 2234 UTC »
TNX...  I just gave a close listen to my recorded audio and you are totally correct :-)  That audio is a keeper for my bloopers & blunders collection hi hi!  Leave it to those nuttie guys down at RHC ;-)

73 & tnx
vince
ka1iic
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ssfahrer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 2129 UTC »
It was also crazy earlier that day. Going back over my notes from 05 UT into 06 UT on the 30th, I note that HM01 didn't leave 5855 kHz until AFTER 0558 UT -- by then their transmission should have been on 11435 Khz. The second round of their transmission began, lasted for a few seconds and abruptly cut off 5855 close to 0600 UT, eventually showing up on 11435 by around 0603 UT (with a much weaker signal in my part of the Eastern USA, so the time is an approximate). Perhaps they were preparing an early New Year's celebration: after all, this was the first day of their almost impossible to believe sequence (which lasted for over a week UNCHANGED): 56792 (the first time I ever heard HM01 use a 9) // 03633 // 37674 // 18655 // 62113 // 66163. This sequence, which apparently came out of the blue (followed soon after the new year began by an apparent V02 transmission on the HM01 frequencies) was apparently their way of wishing us "spies" a Happy New Year and good DX! 

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns