We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New V24 frequency, and V24 / M94 description pages updated / added  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Hello all,

A new frequency has been noted for V24, 6730 kHz.  This new freq appears to be quite active, but none of the old freqs appear to be noticeably less active.

The conclusion that might be drawn is that 6730 kHz has been in use all along, and this would also explain some of the "slack" time on the other freqs.  Of course, there are still a lot of "holes" in the schedule, and that might very possibly mean there are more frequencies out there to be found for the V24 / M94 pair.

The Wiki on this site for V24 has been updated.  A page for M94 has been added.
http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Spy_numbers_stations

T!
Mohave Desert, California, USA
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline 4405486

• View Profile
Re: New V24 frequency, and V24 / M94 description pages updated / added
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 2316 UTC »
I was just going to mention 6730 Khz. I have observed it so far about four
times all voice transmissions. Seems to last longer than the other transmissions
almost 15 minutes. New music selections at the beginning.

Good signal here Central California Coast. TNX 

P.S. In my humble opinion, it's a new one. Cheers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 2336 UTC by 4405486 »

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New V24 frequency, and V24 / M94 description pages updated / added
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 0114 UTC »
Yes, I am also finding 6730 TX's to be a little longer than the average for other freqs.  The freq itself has been know for a few months.

The music is probably used to ID the recipient, so it is likely to be different from other music you have heard.

Note that the YL voice also announces who the recipient is, you can track the music to specific recipients.

I would say it is not a new one (just my opinion), as it happens to fit into holes in the schedule and it does not seem like many of the old TX's have been removed to account for the new TX's.  I always suspected that there had to be other freqs based on those holes.  If they simply needed to support more recipients now they had plenty of room on the old freqs.  Remember that there has never been reported any "double" V24 TX's, in other words never two on different freqs at the same time.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 1328 UTC by Token »
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns