We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: POWER SUPPLY FOR DATONG MODEL FL-3  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
POWER SUPPLY FOR DATONG MODEL FL-3
« on: February 09, 2014, 2208 UTC »
When I got back into shortwave listening in August of 2013 after nearly 24 years absence, I found that my Datong FL-3 auto notch filter had somehow separated itself somehow from the original power supply that came with it. I can't find it anywhere! I've checked out ebay and found what look like suitable replacements, but I'm not certain! Does anyone have any information on a good replacement for the power supply? I downloaded the original spec sheet for the FL-3 and it states the following:
Supply Current: 85 mA zero volume
                      400mA max. output
Supply Voltage: 10-15 volts DC. Protected against reverse polarity
I would be interested in any info at all as to where I might obtain the best power supply replacement!
Chris
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Online redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: POWER SUPPLY FOR DATONG MODEL FL-3
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 0138 UTC »
Most decent electronics vendors will carry a suitable PSU.  Just be sure you have the correct plug an you should be fine.

Failing all else, try Radioshack.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 2223 UTC »
Thanks for the reply redhat! I know it was a standard type wall plug in power supply, but I was uncertain about the variable voltage spec. requirement. I guess any 12 volt psu with an output of 400 mA should do it. I'll have to check the plug type. These Datong notch filters are hard to come by now from what I've read...the one I have used to perform miracles back in the 1980's...
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Online redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 2255 UTC »
The voltage rating you specified means the unit is operable between 10 and 14 volts DC.  That means nominal supply is meant to be 12V.  They probably did that for automotive electrical system compatibility, so you could use it in your car.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me