We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Khmer M'Chas Srok - audio link from tonight  (Read 1678 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
Voice of Khmer M'Chas Srok - audio link from tonight
« on: March 22, 2014, 1328 UTC »
The new station, Voice of Khmer M'Chas Srok, has only been on the air for a few days, as noted recently by several HFU members. I monitored it's broadcast this evening for the full 30 min transmission, and it puts a very solid signal into Mount Evelyn. Here is the entry from my logbook:

17860   TAJIKISTAN (perhaps….) Voice of Khmer M'Chas Srok. Site is unconfirmed at this time. Hummy transmitter on at 1125 then s/on 1130 in Cambodian with ID and opening anncts. Then a short burst of instrumental music before long talks with occasional mentions of Kampuchea, Khmer and Phnom Penh. Later, another short burst of music before ID, website and email addresses, then music to s/off at 1200. Big signal throughout with some slight txer hum from the beginning of the broadcast until 1150 when the hum just disappeared! I guess they must have found the fault!! The sound of the txer does smack somewhat of Dushanbe. Mar 22.

I have the audio of  the last few minutes of the transmission on my website if you're interested.

http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/new-voice-of-khmer-mchas-srok-audio-clip.html

73 and have a great weekend everyone!

Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns