We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: AIR Vividh Bharati, 9870 khz - 1600 UTC 11/27/2014  (Read 1254 times)

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
AIR Vividh Bharati, 9870 khz - 1600 UTC 11/27/2014
« on: November 28, 2014, 1214 UTC »
I've managed to hear this station at least twice over the past week or so on 9870 khz with South Asian music and speech.

Heard a variety of music ranging from the Indian movie music (female singers, unison strings, lots of tabla) to more electronic sounding stuff with tablas and chanting. Fast fading and fluttery reception. Heard it early Thanksgiving morning and also 0120 UTC on Nov. 13th.

Lately I've heard CRI's broadcasts in Spanish to Europe from the transmitters in Kashgar on 9590 khz as well.

All heard on my Grundig G2 off its whip. The G2 is a surprisingly good little radio.

It's the first time I recall hearing India with any type of 'regularity' since I was able to hear AIR India broadcasts in the winter of 2002. Probably the stations were receivable in my location numerous times since then (I know at least one HFU DXer in this region has heard them) -- they just weren't coming in when I was listening to SW.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).