We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 11619kHz +/- rapid Morse  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
11619kHz +/- rapid Morse
« on: April 02, 2014, 0334 UTC »
Who the heck is sending CW on 11620kHz?  I've had a clear signal there, right on top of an AIR transmission, for two local evenings running.  It might zero at 11619, it's audible on sidebands and in AM, and it's definitely true Morse rather than something like RTTY or a weather fax.  I attempted to copy, but my CW speed isn't up to that level yet, and what I was able to manage didn't scan as English.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Most important of all, other than an ID, is the question... what the heck are they doing smack in the middle of 25 meters?  Arrgh!  I kind of wanted to hear that AIR outlet, you know... 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.