We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Arizona senator hosting ‘chemtrail’ forum  (Read 1876 times)

Fansome

Arizona senator hosting ‘chemtrail’ forum
« on: June 23, 2014, 0322 UTC »
Arizona senator hosting ‘chemtrail’ forum after Mohave County residents complain about contrails
The public meeting on Wednesday is the result of emails, letters and phone calls to elected officials about contrails streaking across the skies, reports say. Residents are concerned they have something to do with heightened mercury levels in blood tests.
BY Nicole Hensley
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, June 22, 2014, 9:33 PM

Chemtrail believers are winning the ears of Arizona elected officials and get their very own public meeting on the matter.

State Sen. Kelli Ward will entertain conspiracy theories on Wednesday regarding the faint clouds of condensed jet exhaust that have been plaguing the skies over Lake Havasu for years, according to the Havasu News newspaper.

Residents of the remote desert community have inundated Ward with letters, emails and phone calls over the years demanding answers on white streaks in the sky and if they’re connected to the higher than normal levels of mercury in their blood.

Arizona State Sen. Ward says no one has addressed residents’ concerns about the faint clouds of condensed jet exhaust that have been seen in the skies over Lake Havasu. kelliward.net/kelliward.net Arizona State Sen. Ward says no one has addressed residents’ concerns about the faint clouds of condensed jet exhaust that have been seen in the skies over Lake Havasu.

Neighbors will hopefully learn that contrails are frozen water vapors that follow jets at high altitudes. Conspiracy theorists generally believe the clouds are chemicals sprayed by aircraft.

But just in case, representatives with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality will be on hand with a presentation and will answer questions at the Wednesday meeting at 5 p.m.

“Our standard response has been that there is no credible scientific evidence about chemical spraying or geoengineering,” said Mark Shaffer, spokesman for Environmental Quality, to the paper.

The newspaper wrote “you don’t have to look far” to find the believers. They spoke to Robert Hunter, a business owner who believes contrails maybe be related to climate control and global warming is caused by nuclear testing and space shuttles.

“But when it comes down to it, the government isn’t telling us everything,” Hunter told the newspaper. “We have a right to know what’s going on.”

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Re: Arizona senator hosting ‘chemtrail’ forum
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 1435 UTC »
I've heard plenty of the shows on this subject on Coast To Coast AM and I just don't believe these "chemtrails" are real.

The guests interviewed always say there's a difference between 'chemtrails' and 'contrails', and that the difference is that water vapor contrails immediately disappear while 'chemtrails' don't. But that doesn't really make sense.

Clouds are made of water vapor and they don't immediately disappear. So why should contrails? And I have yet to see a plane doing a pattern in the sky laying down contrails, like many of those folks say on the shows.

A lot of the guests and callers mention the 'X's in the sky they see, not ever having looked at an airway map, where one can see airways crossing probably where those 'X's are.

Even so, it's a good thing these government officials are addressing this issue. Too often government officials refuse to address what seems to be wacky conspiracy theories and all it does is make the conspiracy theories seem more plausible.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Tom S

• SE Kansas
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 2200 UTC »
What's next, public forums on Illuminati mind control, government involvement in 9/11, and UFO's in Area 51?

If anyone hopes these people will learn that "chemtrails" are actually just frozen water vapor, they don't understand conspiracy theorists at all.  Anybody claiming there's nothing sinister about jet exhaust will be labeled a "disinformation agent" and will be considered part of the coverup.
Happiness is a good antenna system.

Nella F.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 2336 UTC »
You know, conspiracy theories aside, remember when "cashless society" was the domain of so-called conspiracy "kooks"? Now look  8) ! Every month or so I get a flyer from my bank "bribing" me with "points" to make more transactions with my debit card. F. U. What'll you think will happen then? Talk about a plot for a dystopian novel/movie. Or has one already been done?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 2338 UTC by Nella F. »