We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: S06  (Read 1510 times)

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
S06
« on: July 23, 2014, 0459 UTC »
Russian Man, message on 15721 kHz, 0400z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x08UYNYstMU

Recorded Via Twente WebSDR as it is inaudible from my location.
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: S06
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 1205 UTC »
Can see why the Russian Man’s European based receivers (?) are not too concerned about QRM from RNZI on 15720 kHz.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 0358 UTC by sat_dxer »
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: S06
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 1846 UTC »
I think this schedule of S06 (0400 each week day morning on 15721 kHz) was first noticed by US west coast listeners a few years back, maybe it was solarix in the #wunclub chat?  I have often heard it better on the US west coast than on any European remote, aside from the QRM.  The reason I mention that last is because bearing cuts from my location would seem to point away from Europe as the source, with Asiatic Russia or Kamchatka being candidates.

This is the same bearing as the Sunday morning V07 transmission for me, and this V07 is seldom heard (or at least reported) in Europe.  This brings me to wonder if maybe both are transmitted from the same facility general area.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA