We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Today's newbie post...grounding a H-800 at entrance to house (?)  (Read 1622 times)

Offline IQ_imbalance

• Central MD
    • View Profile
Still scheming on my semi-permanent antenna installs, and am wondering what to do with my h-800.  In a former life I had just run the e-probes permanently attached rg-174/u coax inside w/out any grounding.  Since I'll be grounding my other antenna feeds (rg-6 from a discone and a sky loop) to the metal bulkhead box where they enter the house, I'm at a loss (ha!) with what to do about the h-800.  Looking at the schematic (https://www.lfengineering.com/files/pdf/H-800inst.pdf) I think I could do the same, but was hoping for some expert advice.  Even though the antenna is active, it looks to me like the coax shield is grounded anyway so grounding it where it passes through the bulkhead shouldn't matter.

Now back to ground rod pounding......
LOG/NE-SW unterminated BOG/DJ-130/800Mhz Yagi
AFEDRI SDR-Net ICF-SC1 SDS-200 various RTL-SDR
Central MD

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Today's newbie post...grounding a H-800 at entrance to house (?)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 0053 UTC »
Bond the shield of the coax at your bulkhead and you should be fine.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me