We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Friday in NUT  (Read 1329 times)

Offline mark-n-nut

• View Profile
Friday in NUT
« on: November 13, 2009, 1519 UTC »

Remembered to listen in this morning, heard A-2079 last nite after sunset but not there this morning.  Maybe the battery is not making it thru the night.  OK, MO, WW, TMP, and the Calif Death Valley Ditter were doing weak to fair at ~1330 utc.  Hexie and Kelsie of the 4096 group were doing ok at the same time as well.  The Calif Whooper was not heard until 1500 utc.  KX was also a fair signal at 1330.  Wind beacon in most of the time.  Found SD on a re-check at 1445.   Listened for Sally on ~5205.300 and it popped in just now as I am typing at 1510 utc.  Got a couple of different transmissions going on on that freq that make it tough.  Some sort of wide band digital transmission and what I call OTHR pulses.

Mark
Northern UT (NUT)
R-75
Wellbrook 1530 Loop
Dipoles
QTH - Northern UT (NUT)
DN41af

beaconman

Re: Friday in NUT
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 1527 UTC »
I don't think I have ever heard Salley Im on the freq listening right now...
1526Utc ...the sun is now poking out...Maybe the BC dasher will come alive as well...

I used to hear the 6700.2 dasher often but havent heard it in a long while though I know it
is on the air...