We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Afedri configuration question  (Read 2596 times)

Offline IQ_imbalance

• Central MD
    • View Profile
Afedri configuration question
« on: August 11, 2014, 0340 UTC »
So I'm leaning toward an Afedri SDR-NET 2 channel rx to replace the venerable PCR1000.  Since it (apparently) performs best over its ethernet connection, is it possible to route the packets through another PC?  Something like the following:

Afedri--->*nix box`````(wireless connection)`````Mac running SdrDx, CuteSDR, etc.
LOG/NE-SW unterminated BOG/DJ-130/800Mhz Yagi
AFEDRI SDR-Net ICF-SC1 SDS-200 various RTL-SDR
Central MD

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Afedri configuration question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 1406 UTC »
IIRC the Afedri uses the same control system as the netSDR. There's a TCP connection for controlling the SDR, and the SDR sends I/Q data via UDP. So you'd need to route both of those. My only concern would be packet loss of the UDP data over WiFi.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree